Xxaxx's Xperimints #5b
- Font Creator Program
The Font Creator Program puts font creation within the grasp of the average PC user,
would-be typographers and graphic designers. With this application you can create and edit
TrueType font files. You can use the modified fonts in Windows 3.11 and higher. Features
include the ability to convert (scanned) bitmaps (.bmp files) to TrueType outlines, thus
enabling you to create your own signature, logo and handwriting. In addition, unlimited undo
and redo and repeat options are available. The modified fonts can be saved and then used in
popular word processing and illustration programs.
- Font FX Express
- Font FX Express is the easiest way to create 3D text and animations that slap people in the
face. Based on the 'You Type, It Tweaks' technology, this Boy-Wonder renders as you type for
effortless 3D text effects. Not an artist? No problem, pre-fab creativity is included as a
- Font Lab
- Very expensive, very excellent font tool. If you are going to go pro this might be the font tool of choice.
- Macromedia Fontographer
- Fontographer has all the tools to make type manipulation easy for both beginners and professionals. It's easy to
add fractions, special symbols, foreign characters, even logos to all your favorite fonts. Print key maps of all your
fonts and keep customizations at your fingertips. This program is only slightly less expensive then Font Lab.
- Dave Emmett's Softy Support Page
- Softy allows you to create and update TrueType and bitmap fonts. It runs under Windows (3.1, 95, 98, NT), and requires
a 386 or better. Supported bitmap font formats are at present Windows FON and FNT, and LaserJet SFP and SFL soft
- The Handy Pilot Font Editor (FE)
- The Handy Pilot Font Editor (FE) is a bitmap font designing program for the Palm (tm) connected organizers.
FE allows you to design your own fonts for the PalmOS operation system, use system fonts as a font template,
modify and store them to the Palm device memory. All saved fonts can be transfered to and from the desktop
computer by HotSync synchronization.
- Pilot Font Editor
- fontedit.exe - Pilot Font Editor; GetFonts.prc - utility for downloading system fonts; FontHack123.prc - substitute your own fonts instead of systems ones.
- Microsoft Font properties editor
- Microsoft's free Font properties extension lets Windows users learn more about their
fonts. The extension provides access to text entries stored within TrueType and
OpenType TM fonts. Because type designers can not easily edit these entries we have
created the font properties editor.